What is the Professional Development Academy workshop series?
The PDA workshops are a way for UNCP graduate students to enhance their resumes, and a way for professionals to earn Continuing Education credits (CEUs). The Phi Sigma chapter invites professional counselors and educators from various institutions to the UNCP campus to present on their topic of expertise. If a UNCP graduate student attends all four of the PDA workshops, the student will receive a certificate of completion. By attending these workshops, graduate students show their commitment to their training to be a professional counselor. For the 2015-2016 PDA workshops, we will be focusing on Addictions in Counseling; both in the school system as well as the mental health field.
PDA #1 (September 30, 2015 5:00PM EDU 223): Dana Robinson from LPCANC
– To see the powerpoint, please click here.
PDA #2 (November 10, 2015 5:00PM EDU 301): “Addictions Counseling Using Transactional Analysis” with Tim Hunt
– To view the Powerpoint Presentation, click here.
– To utilize the “Positive Affirmations” worksheet, click here.
– To utilize the “Self-Assessment Questionnaire”, click here.
– To utilize the “Self-Assessment Stages Questionnaire”, click here.