School Specialist License

Hello Students,

In order to be recognized as holding a specialist license for your 60 degree credit hour program in school counseling, you will need to apply for the 6th year educational specialist distinction or S-licensure through NCDPI.  For more information please see:

Contact the school counseling program director, licensure office in the School of Education or The Graduate School for support.



One thought on “School Specialist License

  1. I am so glad an email was sent out about this. This was never told to me before and the hiring district doesn’t know to ask this because nothing on the transcript or degree reflects CACREP accreditation. It cost 55.00 each time you open up your application with DPI.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s