Job posting for an NCC
Location: Greensboro, NC
The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) is seeking to hire a permanent 40 hour per week. The position is for an Advocacy Coordinator for the NBCC Professional Affairs department. This position provides support to the Director of Professional Advocacy and handles the daily professional advocacy and government relations activities for NBCC and Affiliates.
- Master’s level degree or higher in counseling required.
- Certification by NBCC as National Certified Counselor (NCC) required.
- Experience managing multiple projects preferred.
- Experience with government relations or legislative matters preferred.
- NCC required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of the Director of Professional Advocacy and Ethics to implement advocacy and professional relations projects.
- Supports the organization’s goal to present a consistent image with respect to credentials, benefits and information relevant to the profession.
- Transforms ideas regarding advocacy projects into operational projects; assists in the development and implementation of organizational advocacy aimed to retain and build certificants.
- Manages volunteer efforts including maintenance of records of volunteer work and production of regular organization committee reports.
- Attends lobby visits as needed and assists in the coordination of other NBCC counselor staff members lobbying.
- Conducts needed research regarding advocacy and professional affairs matters.
- Assists in the creation of promotional materials for government relations work as well as general information used by the organization for public purposes.
- Serves as the initial point of contract for NCC and counselor contacts regarding advocacy and government relations.
- Oversees information request process for NBCC and Affiliates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a permanent (exempt) position and is benefits eligible.
- The position is located in Greensboro, NC, no relocation is available.
- The salary range is $37,000 – $42,000 per year depending on experience.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com on/before April 10, 2013. All inquiries are considered confidential. No phone calls please.